Saturday, February 25, 2012

I Was Here

The title of Chelsea's (current) favorite Beyoncé song, and one of the many that she rocked out to today in the car. Chelsea really, really likes Beyonce. More like loves, but that isn't as nice of a segway into this next paragraph:

I like to take baths. Not very often; just, every once in a while, I'll treat myself to a bath. I don't use them to actually get clean. Ordinarily, actually, right after I have a bath I'll just stand up and take a shower. Today, though, I'd already had a shower, so I just sort of felt like sticking my feet into the stream of water and soaking in the warmth. It's relaxing, bathing. That, and Chelsea got me these lavender bath crystals, so I feel sort of obligated to use them, however pretty they look in their little glass bottle.

I really don't like my skin at the moment. I don't want to say I dislike it all of the time, 'cause I feel it's got potential, but lately it's letting me down. Lately meaning this week. I feel about acne the way I feel about litter and rudeness. Which is to say I kind of want to crush it under my shoe. And ordinarily I avoid feeling violent emotion or whatever, because I like to pretend I'm a mild-mannered sort of lady.

I liked the activities of today. Becca, Chelsea and I went to Sunflower Café, which is a lovely little vegetarian restaurant. I had garden loaf and mashed potatoes with basil (?) and roasted asparagus and a spring roll. There was this delicious gravy and some diced... I can't think of whether it was red pepper or tomato.  I mixed it in to my potatoes, so it's difficult to recall using taste. Chelsea had eggplant parmesan and Becca had pad thai. I tasted both of their dishes, and they were as beautiful in taste as they were in presentation. I didn't photograph them like I photographed my own, but I sort of wish I had.

I was kind of sad that I had to deconstruct it to eat it
We also went to the library, which I haven't had the pleasure of doing in quite some time. I really love libraries. Becca checked out books for me with her card (I am, unfortunately, not possessed of a Decatur library card). So I've just started a rather short little novel called Pandemonium which so far promises an amusing and fun enough read, and I have waiting for me a collection of stories by Joyce Carol Oates, who happens to be the favorite author of a past creative writing teacher of mine. I miss taking creative writing.

Fun fact: I want to be an author. Writing is, for me, the bee's knees/cat's pajamas/cat's meow/etc.

I felt slightly guilty, what with Becca having loaned me Tree of Codes ages ago, and Lilly having loaned me Goblin Market and Candide at the beginning of last semester. I really need to get those back to her.

Fun fact numero dos: Lilly, Becca, and Chelsea are all sisters of mine. And when I say sisters, I mean sorority sisters. Because (hold on to your seats!) I'm in a sorority. Tri Sigma, to be exact. And so far, it's been good to me.

Fun fact numero tres: An open mind is the best accessory. I can't remember who once said that the best accessory is a smile, but I'm disagreeing with whoever that is. Smiles are important and everything, but what's more important is behind the smile, right?

I'm mad tired at the moment, so you're going to have to excuse any incoherency on my part. I meant to go to bed much earlier than this (for some reason the times on this blog are confused and it seems to think that it's 11, but it's actually 2:45), but Joe (not a sorority sister--boyfriend) wanted to Skype. He goes to UNC and I haven't seen him in the flesh for several months now. It's a hard-knock life, as Annie would say. Still, despite my delayed bed time, I'm hoping I'll wake up at reasonably decent hour tomorrow, so that (drumroll) I'll have time to head to the gym. Because, two facts: one, I don't go to the gym nearly as much as I'd like to or as I should, and two, I've eaten a ridiculous amount of sweets this week, and thinking about it makes me squirm a little. Compensation is a good word.

My eyes are closing as I write this. I really better go before I give into the temptation to sign this post with "XOXO, Gossip Girl".

No comments:

Post a Comment