Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Chin Up

Reminding myself to keep it there, because I refuse to dedicate this blog to self-loathing. However often I may indulge in the practice.

Gosh, that makes me sound so bitter. I swear, most of the time I exude youthful optimism and freshness or whatever. I'm just going through a rough patch.

I have a midterm tomorrow and it's past my bedtime, so I should really go to bed.

You know how I said last night that'd I'd get up earlier today?

I didn't. None of you are surprised, and that's okay.

But really, I'll need to get up early tomorrow. And I will, because I do actually have things to do. Though I'll tell you that despite waking up to my alarm and then getting up and deciding to go to back to sleep (until 12:30), I did manage to hand wash a dark load of laundry, plus a few extra pairs of underwear and all of that. And I guess I'll continue to handwash things until the end of this week. Then I'll go mug Ali for quarters (bless her) and wash my sheets or towels or whatever. Because that needs to be done.

Oh, and as a firm believer in the phrase, "You learn something new every day" (or at least that you ought to TRY to learn something new), here are a few things I learned today:
  • A brief history of the creation of The Book of Kells (we have an exact replica in our library; it's stunningly beautiful, and Victoria, Kendall, Chelsea, Becca, Janet and I got to flip through it tonight  'cause Victoria got so excited about it that they took it out of the glass case for her)
  • That I way prefer Starbucks over Caribou (or maybe I just really hate caramel drinks? That was disturbingly sweet)
Sweet dreams and all of that jazz!

No comments:

Post a Comment