Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Maybe Be Alright

Life's been a little rough so far this week, but you know what? I'm learning to deal with it. And if learning to deal with it involves hysterically texting my mother and writing a ton of e-mails and eating cookie dough and watching Supernatural in a tent with Heather and Delaney and forcing myself to get exercise and making promises to avoid eating cookie dough in future, so be it.

I was going to make myself a list on Monday, as a sort of reminder of the good things to remember while I fought my way through this week, but so far I haven't needed a physical list; all of the items I would've included have managed to manifest themselves.

Example: Joe texted me today about his allergies, and he sent me a link to "I'm Alive" by Celine Dion. And those are the kind of stupid things that make me think, "Yeah, Hope, he's a winner."

Other things that would have been included: My sisters. Delaney's growing attachment to Supernatural, compliments on my scar, and general Delaney-ness. Heather being unbearably cute. My mother loving me despite my being a little bit crazy and responding calmly to my wild messages, despite probably wanting to shake me a little bit. Melina's desire to have me home for Easter. Dona asking me to run the three-legged race with her. Nanette Ennis being a really nice lady. The sunshine. Sticky rice. Sweat. Sigma chants. Ritz crackers. Determination. Literary criticism. Karen wishing that I updated my blog more often.

And you know what, I could write more, but I think it's nice to end on that positive note, yeah? That, and I can't stop yawning. Goodnight, noises everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment