Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Spoken Softly / Said In A Whisper

I keep meaning to update this blog, and I keep coming up with reasons to postpone an update: I'm tired, I have nothing truly remarkable to say, whatever happened to me posting my outfits, etc.

But every once in a while, I get tired of my excuses, yeah? So here I am, despite my realizing that it's 3 AM and that means I'm going to wake up ridiculously late tomorrow and isn't that a shame, because tomorrow is an entire day for which I have nothing at all scheduled.

I know I'm only eighteen and now might not be the time anyone older than me would consider the appropriate time to think, "Man, you gotta savor days without plans while you can!" but, well. I'm thinking it. And I can remember being younger and being unable to understand exactly why my parents wanted nothing more than to lie on the couch and fall asleep watching terrible movies when we could be doing fun things; going places, seeing people. Now, I understand their feelings perfectly.

I went to the dentist today. I woke up at six forty five, got up, peed, then laid myself back down in bed and waited until my mother actually walked in to wake me. I've never eaten a bowl of Frosted Flakes so quickly in my life, but I was surprisingly unruffled when the water cut off three quarters of the way through my shower. I brushed my teeth in the self-conscious way I'm sure everyone does prior to a dentist appointment, trying to anticipate all of the mistakes I could be making.

I hate going to the dentist. Not that I undervalue the service or the luxury of clean, healthy teeth; only that I hate having to watch news coverage and ceiling tiles and peripheral hair and profiles and scrubs for hours, my mouth an alien landscape being probed by sharp, uncomfortable metal tools that make me impatient. I am fine for the first hour or so, but then I want out; the little tube sucking out water and excess saliva starts to irritate me and I want to spit.

On the positive end of things... I've begun a blog post. Returning to the (at least slightly) negative end, I'm now yawning so frequently that t's becoming difficult to type, so... It might be best if I were to leave it here for tonight.

I leave you with this link as a sort of apology. Hope you're dreaming sweet dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment