Friday, March 30, 2012

Pressure

WHADDUP, Y'ALL.

For the temporally challenged: it's Friday night, and it's 10:11 on a Friday night, and I'm waiting on my towels and my white load to be done in the dryer. I'm sitting on my carpet, next to my to-be-washed dark load and bright load, getting ready to paint my fingernails using this weird technique I found on Pintrest. I really hope it works out, 'cause I'm not a big fan of nail polish messes.

This week has been a somewhat eventful week here in Hopeland. 'Cause, y'know, I got a job.

Sort of. It's a temporary gig as a student caller to raise money for Oglethorpe, but hey: the point is that I'm going to be paid to do it. Which is a good thing. A great thing.

I'm also going to be an Orientation Leader (those capital letters are there so you'll know what I'm saying when I start using the abbreviation OL, because abbreviations are cool) for the class of 2016, which is pretty exciting, yeah? I'm excited. I don't get paid to do that, but I do get a free t-shirt! And I (hopefully) get to serve as a mentor for Dr. Ray's fresh focus class. I'm holdin' out hope.

Anyway, like I said: Friday night. And I'm excited NOT because of my laundry, but because I've barely seen Becca or Chelsea all week, and tonight Chi Phi's having a party. Which means dancin' with two of my favorite ladies. And let's be real: dancing is on my top five list of Greatest Activities of All Time (no, that isn't a real list that I have, and no, I have no idea what the other numbers would be), and I definitely watched Save the Last Dance earlier this week. I don't care how impossibly cheesy and ridiculous that movie is. It's one of my favorites. Also, I'm an absolute sucker for Julia Stiles. Don't ask me why; I can't explain.

Anyway.

That movie is inspiring, alright? And it makes me want to listen to You Make Me Sick and dance around my room like a fool.

Speaking of music (yeah, alright, roll with it), I'm also engaged in making a long-delayed playlist for the beautiful and brilliant Leslie, who happens to be one of my dearest friends. I hardly ever talk to her recently because she's busy, what with being fabulous (fabulous people always have all of these "things" to do, and "people" to see and ugh). I figure eventually I'll just make everyone I know a special playlist and I'll feel better for being such a ridiculous friend to have to put up with all of the time.

No, shut up, that was a joke. I'm awesome.

So far this playlist is a little cray, but I know the title and what the first song is gonna be! I think!

A little preview: Black Magic. That's what it's gonna be called. And (for right now) the first song is Beat The Devil's Tattoo. And I'm excited about it. And that's the end.

For your listening pleasure this evening:
  1. One Thing (Acoustic) - One Direction
  2. Tiny Vessels - Death Cab For Cutie
  3. Pressure - U.T.R.B.
  4. Satin In A Coffin - Modest Mouse
  5. Crystalised (Cover) - Callie & Matt
  6. You Make Me Sick - P!nk
  7. Beat The Devil's Tattoo - Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
  8. Who'd Have Known - Lily Allen
  9. Leave My Body - Florence & The Machine
  10. Renegade - Styx

No comments:

Post a Comment